San Francisco Film Commission Appointments, Proposition C (June 2010)
San Francisco has a Film Commission. The Film Commission is composed of 11 commissioners. At present, all of the 11 commissioners are appointed by the mayor. If voters approve Proposition C, then the appointments would be divided up, with the mayor appointing six commissioners, while the Board of Supervisors would appoint five.
Supervisor Michela Alioto-Pier sponsored the charter amendment.
Mayor Gavin Newsom has recently clashed with the Film Commission. In December 2009, Newsom fired Stefanie Coyote as executive director of the Film Commission. This move drew criticism from the 11-member Film Commission.
- Official text of Proposition C
- Official ballot proposition list for San Francisco's June 8, 2010 election
- Website of the San Francisco Film Commission
- Beyond Chron, "June Ballot Measures Reflect City’s Political Fault Lines", March 24, 2010
- San Francisco Examiner, "Film Commission ballot measure nears June ballot", January 28, 2010
- San Francisco Examiner, "Explanation demanded", December 29, 2009