San Francisco George Bush Sewage Plant, Proposition R (November 2008)
If it passes, it will re-name the city's Oceanside Treatment Plant as the George W. Bush Sewage Plant. The group supporting the initiative is called the Presidential Memorial Commission of San Francisco.
John Rinaldi, a co-sponsor of the petition who ran unsuccessfully for San Francisco mayor in 2007 using his nickname, "Chicken John", said the initiative would turn "every toilet in San Francisco into basically a shrine for George W. Bush and all his great achievements in his eight years as our commander in chief."
- Movement to Rename Sewage Plant After Bush Gains Steam in San Francisco
- Sewage plant 'honor' doesn't deserve answer
- California's Proposition R would rename sewage plant after George W. Bush
- Mission accomplished: Bush sewer plant measure qualifies for SF ballot in November, July 18, 2008
- New York Times, "California: Name change on ballot", July 19, 2008
- S.F. rejects prostitution, energy measures, San Francisco Chronicle, November 5, 2008