For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
San Francisco George Bush Sewage Plant, Proposition R (November 2008)
If it passes, it will re-name the city's Oceanside Treatment Plant as the George W. Bush Sewage Plant. The group supporting the initiative is called the Presidential Memorial Commission of San Francisco.
John Rinaldi, a co-sponsor of the petition who ran unsuccessfully for San Francisco mayor in 2007 using his nickname, "Chicken John", said the initiative would turn "every toilet in San Francisco into basically a shrine for George W. Bush and all his great achievements in his eight years as our commander in chief."
- Movement to Rename Sewage Plant After Bush Gains Steam in San Francisco
- Sewage plant 'honor' doesn't deserve answer
- California's Proposition R would rename sewage plant after George W. Bush
- Mission accomplished: Bush sewer plant measure qualifies for SF ballot in November, July 18, 2008
- New York Times, "California: Name change on ballot", July 19, 2008
- S.F. rejects prostitution, energy measures, San Francisco Chronicle, November 5, 2008