San Francisco Unified School District parcel tax, Proposition A (June 2010)
If Proposition A passes, property owners in the school district will pay $32.20/year or $16.10/unit per year on multi-family residential parcels. Funds raised from the tax can only be used for capital improvements. The tax is expected to generate about $7 million a year.
The "School Facilities Special Tax", if approved, will be in effect for 20 years. It renews an existing tax that has been in effect since 1990.
Some parents are canvassing neighborhoods to encourage residents to vote "yes" on Proposition A.
- Legal text of Proposition A
- Official ballot proposition list for San Francisco's June 8, 2010 election
- Beyond Chron, "June Ballot Measures Reflect City’s Political Fault Lines", March 24, 2010
- San Francisco Examiner, "Supes back school tax renewal measure", March 24, 2010
- San Francisco Examiner, "Parents canvas for parcel tax renewal", May 2, 2010