|Florida House of Representatives District 33|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Investigator, Orange County Sheriff's Office|
Due to Florida term limits, Adams could not run for re-election in the Florida House of Representatives elections of 2010.
Adams is an Investigator with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, and served in the United States Air Force.
She served as President of the Central Florida Chapter of Concerns of Police Survivors Incorporated from 1992-2001.
Adams did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Criminal & Civil Justice Appropriations Committee (Chair)
- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council
- Full Appropriations Council on Education & Economic Development
- Full Appropriations Council on General Government & Healthcare
- Public Safety & Domestic Security Policy Committee
- Rules & Calendar Council
- Select Committee on Seminole Indian Compact Review (Vice Chair)
Adams's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 915 - "Enforcement of Immigration Laws: Creates "Florida Security and Immigration Compliance Act;" prohibits agencies from entering into contract for services with contractors not registered & participating in federal work authorization program by specified date"
- HB 5117 - "Court Finances: Specifies for graduated filing fees based upon claim values imposed on parties instituting certain real property foreclosures civil actions; provides requirements for determining claim values"
- HB 7139 - "Drug Court Programs: Specifies criteria considered before sentencing person to postadjudicatory treatment-based drug court program; provides for hearings on violations of probation or community control by program participants; requires circuit courts to report certain data relating to drug court programs"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
On November 4, 2008, Adams won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 33rd District, defeating Robert Acosta (D) and Franklin Perez (NPA). Adams received 49,578 votes in the election while Acosta received 31,878 votes, and Perez received 2,598 votes. Adams raised $198,509 for her campaign; Acosta raised $5,245, and Perez raised $10,421.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 33|
|Sandra Adams (R)||49,578||59.0%|
|Robert Acosta (D)||31,878||37.9%|
|Franklin Perez (NPA)||2,598||3.1%|
Below are Adams's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Republican Party||$3,450|
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$2,000|
|Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section of the FL Bar Assoc||$1,500|
- Sandra Adams' personal website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Sandra Adams
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004
- Sandra Adams on Facebook
- Sandra Adams on Twitter
|Florida House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |