Difference between revisions of "Sandra Galef"
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
|Line 192:||Line 196:|
Revision as of 13:49, 17 August 2012
|New York State Assembly District 90|
|1993 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||21|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Purdue University, 1962|
|Master's||University of Virginia, 1965|
|Place of birth||La Cosse, Wisconsin|
Galef is the host for two television shows: Dear Sandy and Speak-out with Sandy Galef. Her professional experiences also include teaching in various schools.
Galef earned a BS in education from Purdue University and a MEd in education from University of Virginia. She is widowed and has two children; Graig and Gwen.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Galef has been appointed to the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York State Assembly
- Governmental Operations Committee, New York State Assembly
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Galef served on the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York Assembly
- Governmental Operations Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Galef is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 95. She is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She is also running on the Independence Party of New York ticket. Kim Izzarelli is running unopposed in the Republican primary; she is also running on the Conservative Party ticket. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Galef ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. She defeated William Gouldman (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she ran on the Independence Party of New York State ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 90 2010|
|Sandra Galef (D)||24,064|
|William Gouldman (R)||15,405|
On November 4, 2008 Galef won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 90, defeating opponents William Gouldman (R) and Richard Quaglietta (WF).
Galef raised $62,458 for her campaign while Gouldman raised $73,342 and Quaglietta raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 90 2008|
|Sandra Galef (D)||35,852|
|William Gouldman (R)||16,250|
|Richard Quaglietta (WF)||1,197|
In 2010, Galef received $51,832 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sandra Galef's campaign in 2010|
|Eleanor Roosevelt Legacy Cmte||$2,000|
|Vittoria Jr, Theodore J||$1,000|
|New York State Nurses Association||$1,000|
|Samberg, Arthur J||$1,000|
|PMHC Realty Corp||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$51,832|
In the 2008 election, Galef raised a total of $62,458.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|New York State Association of Realtors||$3,103|
|Eleanor Roosevelt Legacy CMTE||$2,000|
|PMHC Realty Corp||$1,000|
|Nine Other Donor's, Each Donating $1,000||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Sandra + Galef + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Sandra Galef
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Galef
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|New York Assembly - District 90
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |