|North Carolina House Of Representatives District 18|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Hughes earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. She has worked as a consumer consultant for a utility company; an educator; and as a television host.
- Alcoholic Beverage Control Committee, North Carolina House
- Finance Committee, North Carolina House
- Health Committee, North Carolina House
- Insurance Committee, North Carolina House
- Pender/New Hanover Redistricting Committee, North Carolina House
- Transportation Committee, North Carolina House
Hughes did not seek re-election in 2010.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 18|
|Sandra Hughes (D)||20,243|
|Danny McComas (R)||31,354|
In 2008, Hughes collected $30,195 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|BRANCH, MILTON & BARBARA||$1,715|
|NORTH CAROLINA DENTAL SOCIETY||$1,000|
|SOUTHEASTERN RADIOLOGY ORGANIZATION PAC||$1,000|
|KING, ROBERT S||$1,000|
|GLANCY, KATHLEEN SHANNON||$600|
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Sandra Hughes
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |