Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 19|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Stoppa earned a degree in criminal justice and became a Chicago police officer, a position in which she worked for 14 years.
Stoppa's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The new attack on the working family comes in the name of "Pension Reform". One of the many reasons our pension system is falling apart is because of abuse by politicians."
- Excerpt: "It's been said repeatedly and I will say it again here. The state of Illinois does not have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem."
- Excerpt: "I also support a Casino for the City of Chicago."
- Tax Increment Financing (TIFs)
- Excerpt: "This is a program that needs to be addressed. Each year, Chicago pours approximately $500 million property dollars into numerous TIF accounts around the city. This is property tax money that is diverted away from our schools and parks; money that could be used to hire more police officers and firemen."
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "It is common knowledge that the President of the United States is limited to two elected terms in office. Unfortunately, the rest of our elected officials have no such limit. As evidenced by the rampant history of political corruption in this city and state, politicians who are in office too long often forget that they are here to serve those who elected them."
- A Woman's Right to Choose
- Excerpt: "I believe that every woman- regardless of income, age or marital status- has a fundamental right to decide when and whether to have a child."
- Excerpt: "The State of Illinois needs to focus on cutting wasteful spending to ensure that we have adequate resources available to protect educational funding."
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Robert F. Martwick, Jr.||57.8%||4,810|
Stoppa is married and has four children.
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Sandra Stoppa For Illinois State Representative 19th District Facebook page
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |