|Illinois House of Representatives District 62|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Commissioner, Lake County Forest Preserves|
|Bachelor's||Rockford College, 1976|
|Associate's||Wheeling High School|
|Birthday||December 29, 1953|
- 1 Issues
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Personal
- 6 Campaign donors
- 7 Recent news
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Cole worked as an Office Manager with Cole, Martin and Company from 1992-1996. She graduated from Rockford College in 1976 with a B.S. in Graphic Arts with a minor in Mathematics; she also received a secondary education teaching certificate.
When asked by the Grayslake Patch what her priorities upon re-election would be, she replied:
Key Issue 1: Jobs and small family-owned business retention and creation.
Key Issue 2: Property tax relief and reform.
Key Issue 3: Reduce government spending-spree and consolidate taxing districts.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cole served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-General Service, Ranking Minority Member
- Business & Occupational Licenses, Ranking Minority Member
- Revenue & Finance
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cole served on the following committees:
- Adoption Reform
- Appropriations-Elementary & Secondary Education
- Computer Technology
- Environment & Energy
- Human Services
- Renewable Energy
- Tollway Oversight
|HB0259||Plastic Bag Recycling Act||Requires retailers that distribute plastic bags to consumers to implement a plastic bag collection and recycling program. Sets out plastic bag recycling program requirements. Provides that any retailer who knowingly violates the Act is guilty of a business offense punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.|
Cole ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 62. Cole was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by Sam Yingling (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 62, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sandy Cole Incumbent||44.7%||16,978|
Cole's campaign website lists the following endorsements:
- The Chicago Tribune
- Italian American Political Coalition
- Lake County Farm Bureau
- Daily Herald
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 62 (2010)|
|Sandy Cole (R)||20,010||66.63%|
|Rich Voltair (D)||10,020||33.37%|
She defeated Paul Mitchell in the Republican primary on February 2nd by a margin of 4,344 to 2,675. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 62 (2008)|
|Sandy Cole (R)||36,733|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 62 (2006)|
|Sandy Cole (R)||22,544|
|Sharyn Elman (D)||13,824|
Cole and her husband, Steve, have three children.
In 2010, Cole collected $92,219 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sandy Cole's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$16,875|
|Citizens For Tom Cross||$5,920|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$92,219|
In 2008, Cole collected $64,407 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|House Republican Organization of Illinois||$17,435|
|Citizens for Sandy Cole||$6,759|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sandy + Cole + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Website
- Campaign LinkedIn page
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Sandy Cole (R) 62nd District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cole
- Grayslake Patch, "Meet the Candidate: Sandy Cole for District 62 State Rep.," retrieved October 29, 2012.
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Illinois Endorsements," March 15, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Sandy Cole, "Endorsements," accessed October 25, 2012
- Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results"
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Cole Campaign Donors
|Illinois House of Representatives District 62
2007 – 2013
| Succeeded by|
Sam Yingling (D)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |