Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 43|
|Place of birth||Frankfort, IL|
Johnson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Grow jobs in Illinois without more taxes
- Excerpt: "According to Illinois’ budget narrative, 75% of the State’s general revenues are directly linked to our economy. Therefore, if elected senator, I would lead the charge to repeal Quinn’s disastrous tax increases for both business and individuals. I would also fight for true tax reform so that Illinois becomes pro-business, pro-growth and pro-market."
- Grow Illinois’ economy without more spending
- Excerpt: "Cut up the credit card. Be wise on what we do spend. Cut out the items we can no longer afford. And finally, we need to do a comprehensive budget review so that money is allocated based on our new reality. No one wins if Illinois is broke."
- Repeal Quinn’s tax increases
- Excerpt: "Quinn’s taxes have proven to substantially slow business, increase unemployment and underemployment rates as well as to push jobs and people away. If Illinois is to prosper, Quinn will have to reverse his stance on taxes. Otherwise, Illinois will continue its march downward."
- Restore Illinois’ fiscal integrity
- Excerpt: "Lose the taxes and truly reform Illinois’ tax code. This issue is probably the one that would immediately feel the ripple effect if the first three issues were corrected and strengthened."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Sandy opposes attempts to make criminals out of lawful gun owners. She supports stiff penalties for those who commit crimes with weapons."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Johnson ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 43. Johnson was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Arthur Wilhelmi (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Pat McGuire Incumbent||69.1%||50,955|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sandy + Johnson + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- HUFFPOST HILL - Bloated Americans Return To Work, Stare Blankly At Desks - Huffington Post
- US Presidential Elections and Liberian Affairs - Patriotic Vanguard
- New Jersey Utility Customers Could Get Hit by Double Whammy - NJ Spotlight
- Performance Unlimited's Denny Norton steps out to support deserving children - Chicago Tribune
- McHenry Shop With A Cop event raises $14000 for deserving children - Chicago Tribune
- HRC gala draws record crowd - Windy City Times
- 233 People in the ASC Industry to Know - PR Web (press release)
- Obama to insurers: No Bailout POLL: OBAMA NUMBERS TUMBLE Rocky road ... - Politico
- 235 People in the ASC Industry to Know - Becker's ASC Review
- Senate To Vote On ENDA - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Sandy Johnson, "Issues," accessed October 23, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012