Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 50|
Shanahan is employed by Clean Wisconsin and REAMP on energy related issues. She is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin - Madison in Political Science.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Shanahan ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 50. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Republican Ed Brooks in the general election on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 50 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Sarah Ann Shanahan (D)||1,328||100%|
Shanahan lists the following issues as priorities:
- Energy - Her solutions are to "contribute, Conserve energy through efficiency, Create a marketplace for renewable fuels, and Encourage small scale renewable projects."
- Education - Wants the state to pay its fair share, local authorities to have more autonomy, ...finding and implementing efficiencies, and wants to encourage more community participation."
- Govern locally - Shanahan supports measures to "restore an independent DNR Secretary; Make broadband cable eligible or transportation dollars; allow local government more flexibility to accomplish the things they need; and "encourage sustainable development." 
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Sarah + Shanahan + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Shanahan on Facebook
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |