Difference between revisions of "Scott Barton"
m (Text replace - "===Campaign Themes===" to "===Campaign themes===")
|Line 82:||Line 82:|
Revision as of 14:03, 2 September 2013
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 77|
Barton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe in effective government that is the right size to meet all the challenges our state faces."
- Excerpt:"I support fair graduated income taxes and the elimination of the MBT. "
- Excerpt:"I support Small Businesses and their workers as they are the real engine that drives our economy."
- Excerpt:"I support tax incentives that create jobs, and accountability for companies who receive them."
- Excerpt:"I support public education and teachers."
Barton ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 77. He was unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Thomas Hooker (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas Hooker Incumbent||60.4%||23,599|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 77 General election (2010)|
|Thomas Hooker (R)||18,088|
|Scott Barton (D)||6,913|
|Brian Boyer (L)||682|