Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 77|
Barton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe in effective government that is the right size to meet all the challenges our state faces."
- Excerpt:"I support fair graduated income taxes and the elimination of the MBT. "
- Excerpt:"I support Small Businesses and their workers as they are the real engine that drives our economy."
- Excerpt:"I support tax incentives that create jobs, and accountability for companies who receive them."
- Excerpt:"I support public education and teachers."
Barton was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7. He will face Tom Hooker in the general election on November 6.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 77 General election (2010)|
|Thomas Hooker (R)||18,088|
|Scott Barton (D)||6,913|
|Brian Boyer (L)||682|