Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 77|
Barton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe in effective government that is the right size to meet all the challenges our state faces."
- Excerpt:"I support fair graduated income taxes and the elimination of the MBT. "
- Excerpt:"I support Small Businesses and their workers as they are the real engine that drives our economy."
- Excerpt:"I support tax incentives that create jobs, and accountability for companies who receive them."
- Excerpt:"I support public education and teachers."
Barton ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 77. He was unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Thomas Hooker (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas Hooker Incumbent||60.4%||23,599|
Barton ran in the 2010 election for Michigan State House District 77. Barton was defeated by Republican Thomas Hooker in the general election on November 2, 2010. Barton was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on August 3, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 77 General election (2010)|
|Thomas Hooker (R)||18,088|
|Scott Barton (D)||6,913|
|Brian Boyer (L)||682|
- "scottbartonformichigan," Official Campaign Website
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Secretary of State, Official Michigan Election Results, 2010, March 2, 2011
- Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Resutls, accessed October 26, 2013
- Secretary of State, Candidate Listings and Election Results, accessed October 26, 2013
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |