Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 110|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Profession||Retail store owner/ Department of Transportation|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dianda served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Regulatory Reform|
|• Transportation and Infrastructure|
Dianda's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Economy & Jobs
- Excerpt:"Being a successful former small business owner, Scott understands what it takes to bring good paying jobs to the 110th District and the state of Michigan. Whether it's from traditional industries such as mining to promoting tourism, Scott knows that our district has great potential to grow and succeed."
- Excerpt:"Scott wants to bring serious reform to our education system and make Michigan a model for the entire country - and we can do this without raising taxes by a single cent."
- Excerpt:"Scott knows that Lansing has done more harm then good over the years. That is why he wants to reform Michigan's government so that it works for the people and not special interests."
- Excerpt:"Seniors make up the majority of citizens in the 110th District. Scott knows that Social Security is not enough to get by on. That is why he will fight for seniors instead of hurting them. It is a priority to make sure our seniors receive the best possible care and assistance they need in order to live a comfortable life."
Middle & Working Class Families
- Excerpt:"If elected, Scott's top priority is to eliminate Public Act 38 and make sure the hard working people of the 110th get the help they need during these hard economic times. He wants to guarantee that everyone can make a decent wage and live comfortably."
Dianda won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 110. He defeated William D. Lucius in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent Matt Huuki (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 110, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Matt Huuki Incumbent||48.4%||18,759|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 110 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Dianda was the Democratic candidate who ran for election to the District 110 Seat in 2010. He defeated Robert Black and William Doan in the August 3 Democratic primary. He was defeated by Matt Huuki (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 110 General election (2010)|
|Matt Huuki (R)||16,031|
|Scott Dianda (D)||12,814|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Matt E. Huuki (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 110
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |