Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 20|
|April 29, 2009 – January 3, 2011|
|High school||David H. Hickman High School|
|Birthday||January 26, 1970|
|Place of birth||Columbia, Missouri|
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Rep. Murphy has voted with the House Democratic leadership 88.3% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 90.6% of the time in 2010.
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post, concluded that he votes 98.1% of the time with the majority of rank-and-file Democrats in the House of Representatives.
Murphy supported the "Cap and Trade" bill. Just after the bill’s passage, 42% of likely U.S. voters said that cap and trade would hurt the economy, while 19% believed it would help. 15% said that the bill would have no impact.
Finally, Murphy voted in favor of the health care reform bill. 57% of likely voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the health care reform bill, including 46% who strongly favor repeal. 35% of likely voters oppose repeal. 51% of likely voters believe the health care reform bill will be bad for the country, while 36% believe it will be beneficial.
- A Line of Sight "2010 House Dem Voting Report"
- Washington Post "U.S. Congress Votes Database, 111th Congress"
- US House Clerk "Roll Call 314," June 9, 2009
- Rasmussen "54% Oppose “Cash for Clunkers” Plan To Spur Purchase of Greener Cars," June 23, 2009
- US House Clerk "Roll Call 477," June 26, 2009
- Rasmussen "42% Say Climate Change Bill Will Hurt The Economy," June 30, 2009
- US House Clerk "Roll Call 165," March 21, 2010
- Rasmussen "61% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law," September 20, 2010