Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 67|
Parkin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
We need to focus on basic, pragmatic issues.
- Excerpt:"The fact is that Utah needs to work on education, jobs, and fundamental services that have begun to deteriorate over the past decade. That's my focus--make the core stuff work better."
Government is about the people
- Excerpt:"I believe in the core idea that a legislature that governs least, governs best. The focus should be on identifying and addressing real problems, and eliminating outdated or unnecessary legislation."
Communication and transparency
- Excerpt:"I can't promise to please everyone with every vote I cast in the legislature, but I can promise to make sure you know how and why I take a position, and I can promise to actively seek your voice and understanding of those issues."
It shouldn't be about personal benefits
- Excerpt:"I consider public service an honor and duty, and I promise to work for the interests of all, not of a particular faction or industry. "
Parkin ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 67. Parkin was unopposed in the June 26 Democratic primary and was defeated by Marc Roberts (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah House of Representatives, District 67, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Parkin + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- India Could Be Kicked Out Of Olympics For Keeping Corruption-Tainted Officials ... - Huffington Post
- Oklahoma State's Ben Grogan Kicked A Field Goal During An Earthquake ... - Huffington Post
- Taylor University's 'Silent Night' Remains One Of College Basketball's Coolest ... - Huffington Post
- Brett Favre Helps Oak Grove High School Win First State Title - Huffington Post
- Gary Kubiak Fired By Houston Texans Amid 11-Game Losing Streak - Huffington Post
- Askia Booker Buzzer Beater Lifts Colorado Over Kansas, 75-72 (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- Kentucky Women Beat Baylor 133-130 In Four-Overtime Instant Classic (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- Robinson Cano, Mariners Agree To Huge Deal, Pending Physical: REPORTS - Huffington Post
- Chris Petersen Takes Washington Coaching Job, Leaves Boise State - Huffington Post
- San Francisco 49ers Issue Letter Instructing Fans How To Cheer. Seriously. - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found