|Colorado State Senate, District 23|
|2007 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||8 years|
|Place of birth||Greeley, CO|
Renfroe was a member of the Eaton School District Board of Education in 1997 and 2001. He then joined the Colorado State Senate in 2006.
Renfroe graduated from Colorado State University in 1989.
- Senate Bill 11-127 Converting Public Employee's Retirement Association (PERA) benefits from defined benefit to defined contribution 
Public Utility Commission audit
The Legislative Audit Committee approved a full performance audit of the state’s Public Utility Commission. The Senate Auditor's office will conduct the audit.
Sen. Scott Renfroe and Sen Steve King requested the audit. King says recent actions of the PUC triggered the request.
“The PUC should be acting as a guardian of public interest to ensure Colorado consumers receive high quality and reasonably priced services,” said King. “Questions have risen in the legislature, public and media about some of their recent actions and these issues must be addressed.”
The audit will ask if the PUC has established and implemented "adequate policies and procedures to ensure the PUC Commissioners’ regulatory and decision-making activities are transparent and comply with state laws, regulations, and governance standards." It will also investigate whether or not the PUC has "adequate processes and controls in place to ensure P.U.C. Commissioners’ expenditures are reasonable, appropriate, for allowable purposes, and in the best interests of the state."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Renfroe served on the following committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Legislative Council|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Renfroe served on these committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capital Development|
|• Legislative Audit|
|• Legislative Council|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Renfroe served on these committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2009|
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Renfroe sought re-election to the 13th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Renfroe won re-election, defeating Ken Storck (D), in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado State Senate, District 13 General election (2010)|
|Scott Renfroe (R)||30,182|
|Ken Storck (D)||15,866|
Renfroe raised $57,137 for his campaign, while Little Owl raised $11,635.
|Colorado State Senate, District 13 (2006)|
|Scott Renfroe (R)||25,304|
|Solomon D. Little Owl (D)||17,035|
Comprehensive donor information for Renfroe is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Renfroe raised a total of $91,931 during that time period. This information was last updated on 5/22/2013.
|Scott Renfroe's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Colorado State Senate, District 13||$1,250|
|2010||Colorado State Senate, District 13||$31,344|
|2008||Colorado State Senate, District 13||$2,200|
|2006||Colorado State Senate, District 13||$57,137|
|Grand Total Raised||$91,931|
In 2010, Renfroe raised $31,344 in contributions. 
His two largest contributors were:
|Colorado Rural Electric Association||$1,400|
|Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee||$1,000|
In 2006, Renfroe collected $57,137 in donations.
His three largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$2,200|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Scott + Renfroe + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Renfroe and his wife, Pamela, have five children.
- Sen. Renfroe's personal website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Scott Renfroe
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Scott Renfroe
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006
- Scott Renfroe on Facebook
- Colorado News Agency, "Most pending reforms to state retirement system likely to die early," February 09, 2011
- "Performance audit of PUC approved today," Colorado News Agency, by Debi Brazzale, Jul 11th, 2011
- 2006 general election results, Colorado
- Colorado Senate spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "Renfoe, Scott" Accessed May 22, 2013
- 2010 contributions
- 2006 contributions to Scott Renfroe
|Colorado State Senate - District 13
| Succeeded by|