Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 33|
|January 13, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Turner's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs for Texans
- Excerpt: "To provide good jobs and a strong economy, we must provide an environment that is business friendly: low taxes; limited, fair and predictable regulation; and a legal system uncluttered with frivolous lawsuits."
- Stand for Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Texans are taxed enough already! We must take better inventory of the money that’s being spent in funding of current programs. We must end accounting gimmicks, tricks and diversions."
- ObamaCare is Not Right for Texas
- Excerpt: "If left unchecked, ObamaCare has the potential to bankrupt Texas. Texans should be able to choose their own health care provider and make their own medical choices, not have our health care decisions micromanaged by Washington, D.C."
- Stop Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "Illegal Immigration is draining the budgets of Texas taxpayers and Texas state government. We need to tighten our borders to stop the flow of illegals. We are a nation which welcomes those who follow the rules, respect our laws, and come here legally, but I have no tolerance for those who undermine the rule of law by entering our nation in an illegal fashion."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Turner served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Efficiency & Reform|
|• Human Services|
Turner won election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 33. Turner defeated Jim Pruitt in the May 29 primary election and defeated Michael A. Carrasco (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Texas House of Representatives District 33 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Scott + Turner + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Raul Torres (R)
|Texas House District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |