|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 7|
|January 3, 2011-present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|District Attorney, Ashland County, WI|
|Bachelor's||St. Marys College|
|J.D.||William Mitchell College of Law|
|Birthday||October 3, 1971|
|Place of birth||Hayward, WI|
Duffy was a professional lumberjack athlete, and competed in lumberjack shows to put himself through law school. After earning his J.D., he went into private practice and soon became District Attorney of Ashland County, WI.
- 2011-present: U.S. House of Representatives
- 2002-2010: District Attorney of Ashland County, WI
Duffy is a member of the following House committees:
- House Financial Services Committee
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing, and Community Opportunity
- Joint Economic Committee
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Duffy has voted with the Republican Party 91.7% of the time, which ranked 151 among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
Duffy is running for re-election in 2012.
On November 2, 2010, Duffy won election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating Julie M. Lassa (D) and Gary Kauther (Independent No War No Bailout). Incumbent Dave Obey did not seek re-election.
|U.S. House of Representatives General Election, Wisconsin, Congressional District 7, 2010|
|Democratic||Julie M. Lassa||44.5%||113,018|
Duffy won election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that election cycle, Duffy's campaign committee raised a total of $1,977,172 and spent $1,918,211.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Wisconsin, 7th District, 2010 - Sean Duffy Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,271,594|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,270,399|
|Top contributors to Sean Duffy's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
In 2011 redistricting, The Hill published a list of the Top Ten House Members who were helped by redistricting. Duffy ranked 7th on the list. The article notes that Republican state legislators traded some of the Democratic leaning areas with Republican areas, "making the district a toss-up and giving him a better chance of holding on to the seat."
Duffy and his wife, Rachel, met on the MTV reality show "The Real World." They have six children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Official House website "Biography," Accessed November 22, 2011
- Official House website "Committees," Accessed November 22, 2011
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- Politico "Freshmen face 2012 dilemma," April 22, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "2010 Race: Wisconsin District 07," Accessed November 22, 2011
- The Hill "House members most helped by redistricting" Accessed April 17, 2012
|U.S. House of Representatives - Wisconsin, 7th District
| Succeeded by|