Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 18|
Maloney is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 18th District. He is seeking Democratic Party ticket. He is opposed in the primary by Rich Becker, Matt Alexander, Tom Wilson, and Duane Jackson. The general election is November 6, 2012.
According to The New York Times, cardiologist and Cortlandt town council member Rich Becker and former Bill Clinton aide Maloney are the frontrunners. The Times has endorsed Becker, based on the paper's concerns about Maloney's handling of an investigation of Eliot Spitzer. Maloney, unsurprisingly, has gained the endorsement of his former boss, Bill Clinton, along with the nod from major unions in the state. The New York State United Teachers, the state AFL-CIO, and some large SEIU locals.
Maloney stresses his endorsements, as well as his fundraising advantage over the rest of the Democratic candidates -- the funding, he says, will be necessary to unseat Hayworth in the general. Alexander, on the other hand, says that money will pour in to whoever opposes Hayworth.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sean + Maloney + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," Accessed June 11, 2012
- Somers Daily Voice "New York Times Endorses Becker In Democratic Primary," June 19, 2012
- New York Times "Primary Day Is June 26," June 15, 2012
- Policker "Sean Patrick Maloney Rolling Up Labor Support," June 8, 2012
- PolitickerNY "Hayworth opponent officially declares campaign," November 10, 2011
- Tom Wilson campaign site "Wilson announces campaign for New York's 19th congressional district," January 17, 2012
- WNYC "In Hudson Valley, Dems Crowd Primary to Challenge Freshman Hayworth," June 19, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |