Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 18|
Maloney is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 18th District. He defeated Rich Becker, Matt Alexander, Tom Wilson, and Duane Jackson in the Democratic primary. He will face incumbent Nan Hayworth (R) and Larry Weissmann (Working Families) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
According to The New York Times, cardiologist and Cortlandt town council member Rich Becker and former Bill Clinton aide Maloney were the frontrunners. The Times endorsed Becker, based on the paper's concerns about Maloney's handling of an investigation of Eliot Spitzer. Maloney, unsurprisingly, gained the endorsement of his former boss, Bill Clinton, along with the nod from major unions in the state, including the New York State United Teachers, the state AFL-CIO, and some large SEIU locals.
Maloney stressed his endorsements, as well as his fundraising advantage over the rest of the Democratic candidates -- the funding, he says, will be necessary to unseat Hayworth in the general. Alexander, on the other hand, said that money will pour in to whoever opposes Hayworth.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sean + Maloney + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- AP/CSPAN "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- Somers Daily Voice "New York Times Endorses Becker In Democratic Primary," June 19, 2012
- New York Times "Primary Day Is June 26," June 15, 2012
- Policker "Sean Patrick Maloney Rolling Up Labor Support," June 8, 2012
- PolitickerNY "Hayworth opponent officially declares campaign," November 10, 2011
- Tom Wilson campaign site "Wilson announces campaign for New York's 19th congressional district," January 17, 2012
- WNYC "In Hudson Valley, Dems Crowd Primary to Challenge Freshman Hayworth," June 19, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |