|Michigan House of Representatives District 60|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Kalamazoo City Commission|
|Bachelor's||Western Michigan University, 1993|
|Place of birth||Detroit|
McCann served on the Kalamazoo City Commission for 10 years, beginning in 1999.
McCann is a 1993 graduate of Western Michigan University, where he earned his Bachelor's degree in Political Science.
McCann's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Job creation & Michigan’s Economic Recovery
- Excerpt:"Investing in education, ensuring that we have a skilled, dedicated work force motivating employers to seek out and retain Michigan workers for decades to come."
- Excerpt:"As a 23-year resident of Kalamazoo, I’ve seen the importance of good solid education and what impact programs like the Kalamazoo Promise can have on communities. In my time in Lansing, I have worked to expand the positive impact of education. The rest of Michigan must embrace educating our future generations with the same dedication as Kalamazoo."
- Excerpt:"The State Representative for the 60th District has maintained a local, non-partisan District Service Office (DSO) in downtown Kalamazoo for many decades. I will strongly continue this practice as part of my commitment to the constituents of the 60th District."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCann has been appointed to these committees:
- Subcommittee on Community Colleges, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Environmental Quality, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Joint Capital Outlay
McCann won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 60. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Mike Perrin (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 60, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sean McCann Incumbent||74.2%||27,378|
McCann won election to the District 60 Seat in 2010. He defeated Dustin Harback and Chris Praedel in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated Jeff Fernandez (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 60 General election (2010)|
|Sean McCann (D)'||13,841|
|Jeff Fernandez (R)||8,024|
In 2010, McCann raised $65,051 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Education Association||$5,000|
|Hammel Leadership Fund||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sean + McCann + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Sean McCann received a 12% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010