|Michigan House of Representatives District 60|
| Assumed office|
January 1, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
McCann served on the Kalamazoo City Commission for 10 years, beginning in 1999.
McCann is a 1993 graduate of Western Michigan University, where he earned his Bachelor's degree in Political Science.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCann has been appointed to these committees:
- Subcommittee on Community Colleges, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Environmental Quality, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Joint Capital Outlay
McCann won election to the District 60 Seat in 2010. He defeated Dustin Harback and Chris Praedel in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated Jeff Fernandez (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 60 General election (2010)|
|Sean McCann (D)'||13,841|
|Jeff Fernandez (R)||8,024|
In 2010, McCann raised $65,051 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Education Association||$5,000|
|Hammel Leadership Fund||$2,500|
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010