|New York State Assembly District 149|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Ryan earned a BA from SUNY College at Fredonia, and a JD from Brooklyn Law School. His professional experience includes working as a lawyer at a private practice, at Neighborhood Legal Services, and at the Legal Aide Bureau of Buffalo.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ryan served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environmental Conservation|
|• Local Governments|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Interview with Sean Ryan.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Ryan ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 149. He defeated Joseph A. Mascia (who also ran on the Conservative Party ticket) and Kevin P. Gaughan in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. He defeated Joseph A. Mascia in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 149, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sean Ryan Incumbent||82.8%||35,855|
|Conservative||Joseph A. Mascia||17.2%||7,431|
|New York State Senate, District 149 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Sean Ryan Incumbent||64.5%||5,135|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Ryan and his wife, Catherine, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Sean + Ryan + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Twitter feed
- WGRZ, "Sean Ryan Announces Candidacy for 144th District," July 10, 2011 (Television Interview)
- WBEM, "Sean Ryan," July 11, 2011 (Radio Interview)
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ryan
- WNYmedia YouTube channel
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- Capital Tonight, "Hoyt Resigns (Updated)," June 30, 2011
- WGRZ 2, "Sean Ryan Wins Race for 144th Assembly District," September 13, 2011
Joseph Giglio (R)
|New York Assembly District 149
| Succeeded by|
|New York Assembly District 144
| Succeeded by|
Jane Corwin (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |