For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Texas, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||March 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Seibert began his military career at age 19 by enlisting in the Army. He was deployed numerous times, including in Guatemala, Bosnia, Persian Gulf and Afghanistan. Seibert earned a BA in Criminal Justice and later received a master's degree in Organizational Management.
Seibert's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Champion Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Congress is the steward of our country’s money. Our government is taking in $5 billion per day, but spending $9 billion per day. I will work to reduce our spending and create a balanced budget."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I have the experience working with government and business to improve economic growth. My leadership in Afghanistan has demonstrated the synergy that can occur between business and government, resulting in economic growth."
- Excerpt: "Our current tax system is over-complicated and favors a few. I believe that the system needs to be overhauled, and replaced with a simpler and fairer tax system."
- Strong National Defense
- Excerpt: "Our National defense is vital to our security and our way of life. Having served on the front lines, I know the hardship that is created when we send our sons and daughters into harm’s way. The use of armed action is the final option of diplomacy and committing our forces must be prudent and in our national interest."
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "I spent 13 months working with the Afghan and Pakistan police to secure their border, and improve customs and immigration. I have seen firsthand what works and what does not. Some of the same technology that the Army successfully employed in that part of the world can also be used on our US border."
Seibert ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 18th District. Seibert won the Republican nomination in the primary on March 4, 2014, with no opposition. He will face incumbent Sheila Jackson Lee (D) and Remington Alessi (G) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Seibert ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 18th District. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 29, 2012. He was defeated by incumbent Sheila Jackson Lee (D) in the general election n November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 18 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sheila Jackson Lee Incumbent||75%||146,223|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Sean Seibert (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 10, 2013||$3,930||$250||$(390)||$3,790|
|July Quarterly||July 12, 2013||$3,790||$295||$(3,039)||$1,045|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$1,045||$25||$(53)||$1,017|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$1,017||$415||$(61)||$1,370|
|Pre-Primary||February 20, 2014||$1,370||$1,200||$(297)||$2,272|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2014||$2,272||$855||$(224)||$2,902|
|July Quarterly||July 3, 2014||$2,902||$263||$(1,783)||$1,382|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2014||$1,382||$335||$(909)||$807|
|U.S. House, Texas District 18, 2012 - Sean Seibert Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$600,451|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$554,810|
|Top contributors to Sean Seibert's campaign committee|
|Alternative Mailing Systems||$2,500|
|Coalmont Electrical Development Corp||$1,776|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Oil & Gas||$2,500|
|Special Trade Contractors||$1,776|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sean + Seibert + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 18th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 18th Congressional District
- Campaign website, "About," accessed January 23, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 23, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Texas GOP, "Republican candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Republican primary results," May 29, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Sean Seibert April Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Sean Seibert July Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Sean Seibert October Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Sean Seibert Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Sean Seibert Pre-Primary," accessed May 2, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Sean Seibert April Quarterly," accessed May 2, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Sean Seibert July Quarterly," accessed July 25, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Sean Seibert October Quarterly," accessed October 22, 2014
- Open Secrets, "Sean Seibert 2012 Election Cycle," accessed April 2, 2013
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |