Oregon State House District 12
|Profession||Supervisor, Engineering Department, UPS|
VanGordon campaign website lists two central issues with several policy proposals:
- Jobs and Unemployment: "As of February 2010, Oregon’s unemployment rate is 11.4%. Jobs are the issue for the 2010 election cycle. Oregon’s biggest economic strength is the innovative spirit of Oregonians."
- 1. "Reduce the business filing fee to its 2008 level of $50."
- 2. "Reform the capital gains tax in Oregon...Capital gains tax is no longer just a tax on the wealthy. It hurts small businesses. It hurts families trying to save."
- 3. "Manage the state’s bank accounts for growth. The state carries a large amount of cash in bank accounts because of its size. By using a single bank, we can grade that institution on its ability to provide small business loans and services to Oregonians. Oregon’s dollars will be made available to help Oregon’s economy grow thru short term credit to small business."
- 4. "Leverage PERS Investments. PERS should have an investment standard to keep some of the money in Oregon, and help grow the economy."
- 5. "Work to find funding to expand nursing programs in Oregon’s Community College System. Oregon’s medical community is short on qualified nurses, and we lack the seats in the classroom to provide these family wage jobs."
- State Spending and Government Accountability: " If we can’t control spending, then Oregonians won’t be able to improve their financial situation even in a good economy because the state is consuming so much wealth."
- 1. "Provide all budget and expenditure information on-line for both the media and voters."
- 2. "Fund a state legislative audits division. Currently, the Executive branch audits itself and spends the money. By allowing the legislature to order its owns audits, we allow our elected representatives to hold the government more accountable."
- 3. "Prioritize what the state spends its money on, and enforce those priorities. We should spend money on teachers before we spend money on magazines, membership fees to professional organizations, and travel."
- 4. "Require a waiting period of at least one year before a state legislator can take a job in the executive branch which increases their pension payout."
2327 Clear Vue Lane
Springfield, OR 97477
- Official campaign website
- Official candidate facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Candidate blog
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile