|Alabama State Senate District 8|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Paint Rock Valley High School|
|Birthday||November 6, 1975|
|Place of birth||Jackson County, AL|
McGill attended North Alabama Community College. He has owned several businesses in the past is currently owner and operator of Hydraulic Seals and Service.
McGill served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee
- Business and Labor Committee
- Commerce, Transportation and Utilities Committee
- Constitution, Campaign Finance, Ethics and Elections Committee
- Local Legislation No. 4 Committee
- Small Business Committee, Chair
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 8 General election (2010)|
|Shadrack McGill (R)||20,603|
|Lowell Barron (D)||20,016|
McGill's campaign website discusses the following three issues:
- Jobs, economy & taxes
- Excerpt: "My #1 priority will be finding ways to get our people back to work. We can do this by bringing more employers here, and helping our existing businesses succeed and expand."
- Excerpt: "We need a highly educated workforce in order to grow economically... Most importantly, we need to look at how we fund—and run—our K-12 schools."
- Ethics reform
- Excerpt: "Ethics in government is about making it a level playing field for all, and the current system has failed."
McGill was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express 
In 2010, McGill raised $221,861 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$97,501|
|New Alabama Leadership Cmte||$27,000|
|Friends Of Jimmy W Holley||$15,000|
|Waggoner For Senate Cmte||$11,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Shadrack + McGill + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
McGill and his wife, Heather, have six children.
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|Alabama State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|