Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 42|
|High school||Brighton High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan|
Willis is a registered nurse with around two decades of experience. She has a B.S. in nursing from the University of Michigan. She is currently the assistant director of nursing for OMNI Home Care, Inc., a home health care agency.
Willis' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Strong Schools for Our Children
- Excerpt:"Strong schools are essential to our future and to our economy. Livingston County schools are some of the lowest-funded in the state and have been badly hurt by deep cuts in state funding. I will work to provide more funding to public schools."
Fairness for Senior Citizens
- Excerpt:"Our senior citizens worked hard their entire lives and saved for their retirement. They deserve to live in security and dignity. Seniors should not be faced with unexpected tax increases. I will vote to repeal the unfair tax on pensions which paid for tax cuts for businesses."
Protect Our Jobs
- Excerpt:"As a nurse, I was a member of the nurses union at the University of Michigan Hospital. Workers have the right to form a union and collectively bargain. It is imperative that we promote the freedom of working people to have a say about their wages, benefits, and working conditions."
Willis ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 42. She ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by District 66 incumbent William Rogers (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 42, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||William Rogers Incumbent||63.3%||31,510|
|Libertarian||James Lewis II||3.7%||1,830|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shanda + Willis + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Shanda Willis on Facebook
- Shanda Willis for 42nd House, retrieved August 6, 2012
- Brighton Patch, "Shanda Willis Running for 42nd House Seat," April 16, 2012. Retrieved August 6, 2012
- "shandaforstaterep," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |