|U.S. House, Michigan, District 13|
Rep. Jackson earned a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Michigan-Dearborn and a master’s degree in social justice from Marygrove College in Detroit.
Jackson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Michigan's 13th District. The Secretary of State's office had initially ruled that her 1,625 delivered signatures contained less than 1,000 valid signatures. On May 29, 2012, however, Jackson appealed the decision.  On June 7th, 2012, the Office of the Wayne County Clerk determined that Jackson did indeed have enough signatures to appear on the August 7th primary ballot. 
|Michigan's 13th Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John Conyers, Jr.||55.4%||38,371|
Jackson won re-election to the District 9 Seat in 2010. She defeated Danyelle Coleman, Reggie Davis, Choka Johnson]], Daniel McFarland, Audrey Smith, Michael Terrell and Mary Thomas in the August 3 Democratic primary. She faced Richard Zeile (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9 General election (2010)|
|Shanelle Jackson (D)||19,300|
|Richard Zeile (R)||694|
|D'Artagnan Collier (I)||138|
|Kenneth Haney (I)||188|
Shanelle Jackson raised $32,174 for her campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9|
|Shanelle Jackson (D)||34,062|
State legislature committee assignments
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jackson served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on Human Services, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Joint Capital Outlay, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jackson served on these committees:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Shanelle + Jackson + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Shanelle+Jackson+Michigan+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Shanelle Jackson News Feed
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Shanelle Jackson received a 20% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Shanelle Jackson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Michigan Votes - Shanelle Jackson
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Shanelle Jackson on Facebook
- Detroit Free Press "Shanelle Jackson is 3rd congressional candidate off ballot over signatures" May 31, 2012
- Free Press "Shanelle Jackson 13th district signatures" July 14, 2012
- Associated Press primary results
- Michigan House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Jackson's 2008 campaign contributions
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012
|Michigan House of Representatives District 9
2007 – 2013
| Succeeded by|
Harvey Santana (D)