|Michigan House of Representatives District 9|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan-Dearborn|
- 1 Previous offices held
- 2 Political campaign history
- 3 Voting record
- 4 Committee assignments
- 5 Elections
- 6 Campaign donors
- 7 Campaign contributions
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Rep. Jackson earned a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Michigan-Dearborn and a master’s degree in social justice from Marygrove College in Detroit.
Previous offices held
Rep. Jackson served as the deputy chief of staff for State Rep. Virgil Smith, a fellow Detroit lawmaker, for two years. Rep. Jackson also has done work with Michigan Young Democrats, the NAACP and Project Vote Smart.
Political campaign history
Key votes of 2009-2010
- Click below to see how this representative voted.
- Super Speedway, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXTEND A SPECIAL TAX PERK for a super speedway.
- Driver Responsibility Fees, Lawmakers voting on whether TO IMPOSE 'driver responsibility fees.'
- Right to Work, Lawmakers voting on an amendment SUPPORTING RIGHT-TO-WORK zones.
- Golf Carts, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SUBSIDIZE the production of electric vehicle batteries.
- A Good Tax Gone Bad?, Lawmakers voting on the Michigan Business Tax.
- Secret Ballot, Lawmakers voting on whether to keep a SECRET BALLOT for union elections.
More Voting Record Details
- List of all of Shanelle Jackson’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
- List of Shanelle Jackson’s 194 missed roll-call votes
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jackson has been appointed to these committees:
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on Human Services, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Joint Capital Outlay, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jackson served on these committees:
Jackson won re-election to the District 9 Seat in 2010. She defeated Danyelle Coleman, Reggie Davis, Choka Johnson]], Daniel McFarland, Audrey Smith, Michael Terrell and Mary Thomas in the August 3 Democratic primary. She faced Richard Zeile (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9 General election (2010)|
|Shanelle Jackson (D)||19,300|
|Richard Zeile (R)||694|
|D'Artagnan Collier (I)||138|
|Kenneth Haney (I)||188|
Shanelle Jackson raised $32,174 for her campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9|
|Shanelle Jackson (D)||34,062|
In 2008 Shanelle Jackson collected $32,174 in donations. 
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Auto Workers Region 1A||$3,000|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$2,839|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||$1,900|
|Michigan Automobile Dealers Association||$1,350|
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Shanelle Jackson
S0688 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Shanelle + Jackson + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Shanelle Jackson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Michigan Votes - Shanelle Jackson
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Shanelle Jackson on Facebook
|Michigan House of Representatives District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||