|U.S. House, Michigan, District 13|
Rep. Jackson earned a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Michigan-Dearborn and a master’s degree in social justice from Marygrove College in Detroit.
Jackson won re-election to the District 9 Seat in 2010. She defeated Danyelle Coleman, Reggie Davis, Choka Johnson]], Daniel McFarland, Audrey Smith, Michael Terrell and Mary Thomas in the August 3 Democratic primary. She faced Richard Zeile (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9 General election (2010)|
|Shanelle Jackson (D)||19,300|
|Richard Zeile (R)||694|
|D'Artagnan Collier (I)||138|
|Kenneth Haney (I)||188|
Shanelle Jackson raised $32,174 for her campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9|
|Shanelle Jackson (D)||34,062|
State legislature committee assignments
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jackson has been appointed to these committees:
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on Human Services, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Joint Capital Outlay, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jackson served on these committees:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Shanelle + Jackson + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Shanelle Jackson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Michigan Votes - Shanelle Jackson
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Shanelle Jackson on Facebook