|Kansas House of Representatives District 52|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|M.D.||University of Bombay|
Gandhi came to the United States in 1967, after graduating from medical school at the University of Bombay. He retired in 2010 after working as a cardiovascular surgeon.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gandhi served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Social Services Budget|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
Gandhi's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Preserve personal freedom
- Excerpt:"Personal freedom is one of the basic tenets this country was founded on and is gradually being eroded."
Limit size of the government
- Excerpt:"In Kansas, it will be one of the most important task of the legislature to contain the size of our government. This will allow the small businesses to grow which is the engine that drives our economy."
Control Government Spending
- Excerpt:"Our national debt is mounting by the minute. It is going up at the rate of more than $2.8 million every minute."
- Excerpt:"If we expect people to live within their means, the government has an obligation to do so."
Gandhi won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 52. Gandhi defeated WM. Scott Hesse and Dick Jones in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Ted Ensley (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 52 Republican Primary, 2012|
|WM. Scott Hesse||27.7%||1,137|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Gandhi and his wife Susan have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Shanti + Gandhi + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Lana Gordon (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 52
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |