|Vermont House Of Representatives, Lamoille-Washington 1|
|2003 - Present|
|January 9, 2013|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
Smith earned his BA from the University of Vermont in 1987. He went on to receive his JD from Indiana University in 1991.
Smith is a lawyer.
Smith joined the Vermont State House of Representatives in 2003. He has served in that position since, representing the Lamoille-Washington-1 District. He currently serves as Speaker of the House.
Smith is running for re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Lamoille-Washington. He and incumbent Peter Peltz ran unopposed in the August 28, 2012, Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Lamoille-Washington 1 General Election (2010)|
|Shap Smith (D)||2,441|
|Peter Peltz (D)||2,127|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Smith has been appointed to these committees:
- Joint Committee on Judicial Rules
- Joint Committee on Legislative Council
- Joint Committee on Rules
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Smith served on these committees:
- Legislative Council Committee
- Rules Committee, Vermont House
In 2010, a year in which Smith was up for election, he collected $5,665 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shap Smith's campaign in 2010|
|Campaign Research Center||$1,000|
|Miller, Eric & Elizabeth||$500|
|Vermont Association Of Realtors||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,665|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shap + Smith + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Editorial: State eyes tough sledding to balance 2015 budget - Addison County Independent
- Vermont Chief Legislative Fiscal Director Stephen Klein wins national award - vtdigger.org
- Speaker Smith Faces Dilemma With Income Tax Plan - Vermont Public Radio
- Lawmakers take on mid-year budget revisions - WCAX
- Vermont Treasurer: Pension problem needs to be a priority in 2014 - vt.Buzz (blog)
- Treasurer: Pension problem needs to be a priority in 2014 - BurlingtonFreePress.com
- Speaker Smith Wants Oversight of Health Care Exchange - Vermont Public Radio
- Celebrating working lands - Barre Montpelier Times Argus
- Vt. exchange security lapse report went to AG, gov - Charlotte Observer
- Shumlin appoints Ryerson to Vermont House; majority caucus has more women ... - BurlingtonFreePress.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Smith and his wife, Melissa Volansky, have two children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|Vermont House of Representatives Lamoille-Washington 1
| Succeeded by|