|New Jersey General Assembly District 35|
|2012 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Kean University, 1996|
|Master's||Fairleigh Dickinson University|
|Profession||Director of behavioral health services, Mountainside Hospital|
Sumter earned her B.A. in Political Science from Kean University in 1996 and her M.B.A. in Healthcare Administration from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Her professional experience includes working as director of behavioral health services at Mountainside Hospital.
Sumter won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 35. Sumter was bracketed with Benjie E. Wimberly. She was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She and incumbent Benjie E. Wimberly (D) defeated Rhina Tavarez (R) and Maria del Pilar Rivas (R) in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013. 
On November 8, 2011, Shavonda Sumter won election to District 35 of the New Jersey General Assembly. She and Benjie Wimberly were bracketed together and defeated Samuel Torres in the June 7 Democratic primary. They then defeated Donna Puglisi and William Connolly in the November 8 general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Sumter is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Sumter raised a total of $70,703 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Shavonda Sumter's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 35||$70,703|
|Grand Total Raised||$70,703|
2011Sumter won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Sumter raised a total of $70,703.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shavonda Sumter's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Powell II, Miles||$2,600|
|Cmte to Elect Shelia Oliver||$2,600|
|Merit Mountainside Hospital||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$70,703|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2013, Sumter’s endorsements included the following: 
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
In 2011, Sumter’s endorsements included the following: 
Sumter and her husband, Kenneth, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shavonda + Sumter + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Shavonda Sumter
- NJ Assembly Dems - Shavonda Sumter
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- Campaign contributions: 2011
- "NJ Assembly Dems - Shavonda Sumter", Accessed May 16, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," August 28, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Unofficial General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- followthemoney.org, "Sumter, Shavonda" Accessed August 27, 2013
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |