For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
West Virginia House of Delegates, District 3
Fluharty graduated in 2006 from the West Virginia University Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism with a B.S. in public relations and a minor in political science. He earned his J.D. from West Virginia University's College of Law in 2009.
Fluharty was elected to one of the two positions in District 3 on the ballot in the November 2, 2010 general election. He was opposed by Republicans Erikka Storch and Dolph Santorine and Democrat Ryan Ferns. Only the top two vote-getters were elected. 
|West Virginia State Senate, District 3 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Shawn Lucas Fluharty (D)||2,119||20.78%|
|Ryan James Ferns (D)||1,994||19.55%|
Fluharty lists three main campaign themes on his website:
- Jobs - "... we need a system that provides aspiring entrepreneurs with the basic infrastructure to develop their ideas."
- Education - "In order to recruit and retain good, quality teachers to our state, we must assure that those who choose such an important profession are awarded with a competitive salary above the national average."
- Healthcare - "... by strengthening our focus on health and physical education in schools, we are not only supporting our education system, but also our healthcare system."
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Fluharty on Facebook
- Official list of West Virginia's November 2, 2010 candidates
- West Virginia House of Delegates official candidate list