|Colorado State Senate, District 7|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||8 years|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|J.D.||University of California-Berkeley|
Mitchell served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1999 to 2004.
He earned his B.S. from Brigham Young University. He went on to receive his J.D. from the University of California-Berkeley.
Mitchell was a Senior Fellow at Independence Institute. He has also worked as Special Counsel for Colorado Attorney General Gale Norton. He is currently a Private Practice Attorney for Denver and Adams County.
- Prohibiting state recognition of state workers' employee unions 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mitchell served on these committees:
- Business, Labor and Technology Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mitchell served on these committees:
- Business, Labor and Technology Committee, Colorado Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Mitchell was ineligible to run for re-election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012 due to term limits.
Mitchell raised $106,869 for his campaign, while Whitcomb raised $144,262.
|Colorado State Senate, District 23 (2008)|
|Shawn Mitchell (R)||45,001|
|Joseph A. Whitcomb (D)||38,896|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shawn Mitchell's campaign in 2010|
|Apartment Association Of Metro Denver||$1,000|
|Colorado Bioscience PAC||$400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,900|
In 2008, Mitchell collected $106,869 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$4,000|
|Naiop Colorado Chapter||$3,400|
|Homes For All Coloradoans Cmte||$3,000|
|Lincoln Club Of Colorado||$2,000|
|Broomfield County Republicans||$1,325|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Shawn + Mitchell + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Mitchell and his wife, Yvette, have seven children.
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Shawn Mitchell
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Shawn Mitchell
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998
- Colorado News Agency, "Panel axes bill rolling back state workers partnership agreements," February 07, 2011
- Colorado Secretary of State, " Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Senate candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- 2008 contributions to Shawn Mitchell
|Colorado State Senate - District 23
| Succeeded by|
Vicki Marble (R)