Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Arkansas|
|High school||Brinkley High School|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas State Teacher’s College|
|J.D.||Arkansas Law School and University of Arkansas School of Law at Little Rock|
Nelson worked for many years with Arkla, Inc., a natural gas company, starting as a management trainee. Over time he became Sales Manager, Vice-President, President, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
In recent years, Nelson has gained attention for his efforts to increase the Arkansas severance tax on natural gas, his former industry. In 2012, he led an effort to but the issue on the statewide ballot, but not enough signatures were collected.
- Brinkley High School
- B.S. in Mathematics from Arkansas State Teacher’s College (1963)
- LL.B. from Arkansas Law School (1968)
- J.D. University of Arkansas School of Law at Little Rock (1969)
- Honorary Doctor of Law Degree from University of Arkansas at Little Rock (1982)
- See also: Arkansas gubernatorial election, 2014
The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sheffield + Nelson + Arkansas + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Talk Business Arkansas, "Sheffield Nelson Weighing Governor’s Run As Republican Or Independent," accessed August 8, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jack Nelson Jones & Bryant, P.A., "Attorney Profiles-Sheffield Nelson," accessed August 8, 2013
- ↑ Arkansas Times, "Sheffield Nelson, unlikely severance tax champion," accessed August 8, 2013
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|