|New Jersey General Assembly District 34|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Administrator, Essex County|
Prior to her election to the Assembly, Oliver served as assistant county administrator for the County of Essex from 2000-2003, was president of the East Orange Board of Education from 1999-2000, and member of the Board from 1994-2000.
Oliver's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2003 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides voters with a candidate's views on a number of major issues. When asked her top priorities, she answered, "Urban Development/Community Development," and "Employment Opportunity."
- Assembly Bi-Partisan Leadership Committee (Co-Chair)
- A1176 Appropriates $2 million to DHS for grants to Regional Child Abuse Treatment Centers.
- A1551 Establishes the "Healthy Workplace Act."
- A2359 Requires contractors to provide Department of the Treasury with employment information about contracts with public bodies.
- A3282 Directs Chief Technology Officer in the Office of Information Technology to study and report potential benefits of expanding the use of electronic transactions, including the use of electronic signature and electronic record by the State. 
Below are Oliver's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Service Employees Local 1199||$8,200|
|NJ Education Assoc||$4,150|
|Community Education Centers||$3,000|
|Electrical Workers Local 164||$2,000|
Oliver is running for re-election in 2011. She is bracketed with incumbent Thomas Giblin in the Democratic Primary on June 7. The top-two vote getters will advance to the general election on November 8, 2011.
Oliver successfully won re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election. She was bracketed with Thomas Giblin and faced Republican challengers Michael Mecca, III and Matthew Tyhala, and A Better Tomorrow challengers Clenard Childress, Jr. and David Taylor, Jr..
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Thirty-Fourth Legislative District (2009)|
|Sheila Y. Oliver (D)||30,379|
|Thomas P. Giblin (D)||29,695|
|Michael G. Mecca, III (R)||12,867|
|Matthew Tyahla (R)||11,889|
- New Jersey General Assembly - Rep. Thomas Giblin
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Oliver
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Oliver
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Oliver Issue Positions
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Unofficial General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
|New Jersey General Assembly District 34
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |