|New York State Assembly District 90|
|2012 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||March 20, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|New York State Assembly District 93|
|Bachelor's||University of California Los Angeles|
|J.D.||State University of New York, Buffalo, School of Law|
She previously represented District 93 in the New York State Assembly from March 2012 to 2013.
Mayer earned her B.A. from the University of California Los Angeles in 1975 and her J.D. from State University of New York, Buffalo, School of Law in 1979. Her professional experience includes being Senior Council in the National State Attorney General Program at Columbia Law School from 2011-2012, working as Chief Council at the New York State Senate Democrats from 2007-2011, and serving as Assistant Attorney General in the Office of New York Attorney General Bob Abrams from 1982-1994.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mayer served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children and Families|
|• Corporations, Authorities and Commissions|
|• Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Mayer ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 90. Mayer ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She also ran on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. She was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 90, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Shelley Mayer Incumbent||100%||28,648|
2012 special election
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Mayer and her husband, Lee, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shelley + Mayer + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly-Rep. Shelley Mayer
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2012 special election, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mayer
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- LoHud.com, "Assembly special election: 4 Democrats, 3 Republicans interested in seat Spano vacated," January 12, 2012
- NY State Board of Elections, Candidate List, February 28, 2012
- The Wall Street Journal, "Mayer eases to win for Westchester Assembly seat," March 20, 2012
Sandra Galef (D)
|New York Assembly District 90
| Succeeded by|
|New York Assembly District 93
| Succeeded by|
David Buchwald (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |