For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Michigan House of Representatives District 8|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Sherry Gay-Dagnogo defeated five other challengers in the Democratic primary. Christopher Ewald was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gay-Dagnogo defeated Ewald in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 8 General Election, 2014|
Gay-Dagnogo ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 8. She ran against Mia Grillier, Taryn Jones and David E. Nathan in the Democratic primary on August 7 and was defeated.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|David Nathan Incumbent||44.9%||4,790|
Gay-Dagnogo listed education, small business and jobs, and safety as her top campaign themes on her official campaign website.
- Academic accountability and education quality
Her education platform calls for:
- No Emergency Manager - No EAA-EAS
- Increase Clean Safe High Performing Schools
- Increase Talented & Globally Competitive Workforce
- Increase Parental Involvement & Teacher Effectiveness
- Increase Early Childhood Investments & Decrease College Tuition
- Small Business & Job Development
- Decrease Tax & Insurance Rates for Detroit-based Businesses
- Foster Detroit-based Business to Business & Customer Partnerships
- Advance Green Technology Jobs | Community & Economic Development Partnerships
- Safer Communities
Her platform on safety calls for increased funding for:
- Fire, Police and EMS
- Community Law Enforcement Partnerships
- Community Policing , Security & Radio Patrol
- Deconstruction of Blighted Abandoned Properties
- Civic Engagement, Community Group, and Block Clubs
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sherry + Gay-Dagnogo + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 8
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 4, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Official Campaign Website, "My Platform," accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |