|Michigan House of Representatives District 8|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Sherry Gay-Dagnogo defeated five other challengers in the Democratic primary. Christopher Ewald was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gay-Dagnogo defeated Ewald in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 8 General Election, 2014|
Gay-Dagnogo ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 8. She ran against Mia Grillier, Taryn Jones and David E. Nathan in the Democratic primary on August 7 and was defeated.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|David Nathan Incumbent||44.9%||4,790|
Gay-Dagnogo listed education, small business and jobs, and safety as her top campaign themes on her official campaign website.
- Academic accountability and education quality
Her education platform calls for:
- No Emergency Manager - No EAA-EAS
- Increase Clean Safe High Performing Schools
- Increase Talented & Globally Competitive Workforce
- Increase Parental Involvement & Teacher Effectiveness
- Increase Early Childhood Investments & Decrease College Tuition
- Small Business & Job Development
- Decrease Tax & Insurance Rates for Detroit-based Businesses
- Foster Detroit-based Business to Business & Customer Partnerships
- Advance Green Technology Jobs | Community & Economic Development Partnerships
- Safer Communities
Her platform on safety calls for increased funding for:
- Fire, Police and EMS
- Community Law Enforcement Partnerships
- Community Policing , Security & Radio Patrol
- Deconstruction of Blighted Abandoned Properties
- Civic Engagement, Community Group, and Block Clubs
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sherry + Gay-Dagnogo + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 8
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 4, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Official Campaign Website, "My Platform," accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |