For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Sheryl L. Nuxoll
|Sheryl L. Nuxoll|
|Idaho State Senate District 7|
|December 1, 2010 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Gonzaga University (1973)|
|Place of birth||Cottonwood, Idaho|
Nuxoll serves as bookkeeper and tax consultant on her family farm/ranch near Cottonwood, ID. She also teaches high school part-time. Earlier in life, she worked as an accountant for St. Mary's Hospital in Cottonwood and at an accounting firm in Boise, where she became a CPA. She earned a bachelor's degree in business from Gonzaga University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Nuxoll served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Welfare, Vice Chair|
|• Judiciary and Rules|
|• Joint Finance-Appropriations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nuxoll served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agricultural Affairs|
|• Health and Welfare|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Nuxoll won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho State Senate District 7. Nuxoll defeated Mary Wade Heston in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated Jon Cantamessa (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sheryl L. Nuxoll Incumbent||64%||11,583|
|Idaho State Senate District 7 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Sheryl L Nuxoll||73.2%||4,084|
|Mary Wade Heston||26.8%||1,493|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
Nuxoll defeated incumbent Leland Heinrich in the Republican primary on May 25 by a margin of 3,825-2,896. Heinrich was seeking his third term. Nuxoll ran against Leta Strauss (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010, defeating her.
| Idaho State Senate, District 8 |
2010 General election results
|Sheryl Nuxoll (R)||10,051||69.9%|
|Leta Strauss (D)||4,331||30.1%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Nuxoll raised $20,112 in contributions. 
Her four largest contributors were:
|Winning For Idaho||$1,500|
|Uhlenkott, Greg & Maura||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sheryl + Nuxoll + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Nuxoll and her husband Felix have six children.
- Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 4 July 2012
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 14, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Tea party helps unseat incumbents
- "GOP gain in Idaho House could trigger policy changes," Idaho Reporter, November 3rd, 2010
- 2010 contributions
Dan Johnson (R)
|Idaho State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|
|Idaho State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|
Steven Thayn (R)