Sheryl L. Nuxoll
|Sheryl L. Nuxoll|
|Idaho State Senate District 7|
|December 1, 2010 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Gonzaga University (1973)|
|Place of birth||Cottonwood, Idaho|
Nuxoll earned her B.S. from Gonzaga University. Her professional experience includes working as a bookkeeper, tax consultant, and accountant.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Nuxoll served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Welfare, Vice Chair|
|• Judiciary and Rules|
|• Joint Finance-Appropriations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nuxoll served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agricultural Affairs|
|• Health and Welfare|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Idaho State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Casey Drews was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Sheryl L. Nuxoll was unopposed in the Republican primary. Drews will face Nuxoll in the general election.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Nuxoll won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho State Senate District 7. Nuxoll defeated Mary Wade Heston in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated Jon Cantamessa (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sheryl L. Nuxoll Incumbent||64%||11,583|
|Idaho State Senate District 7 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Sheryl L Nuxoll||73.2%||4,084|
|Mary Wade Heston||26.8%||1,493|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
Nuxoll defeated incumbent Leland Heinrich in the Republican primary on May 25 by a margin of 3,825-2,896. Heinrich was seeking his third term. Nuxoll ran against Leta Strauss (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010, defeating her.
| Idaho State Senate, District 8 |
2010 General election results
|Sheryl Nuxoll (R)||10,051||69.9%|
|Leta Strauss (D)||4,331||30.1%|
Comprehensive donor information for Nuxoll is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Nuxoll raised a total of $36,962 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Sheryl L. Nuxoll's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho State Senate, District 7||$16,850|
|2010||Idaho State Senate, District 8||$20,112|
|Grand Total Raised||$36,962|
2012Nuxoll won re-election to the Idaho State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Nuxoll raised a total of $16,850.
|Idaho State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sheryl L. Nuxoll's campaign in 2012|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,500|
|Senate Republican Pac of Idaho||$1,250|
|Idaho Power Co||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,850|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Nuxoll raised $20,112 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Winning For Idaho||$1,500|
|Uhlenkott, Greg & Maura||$1,000|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Nuxoll received a score of 131 points in the 2013 index, ranking 4th out of 35 members of the Idaho State Senate that were evaluated for the study.
Nuxoll and her husband, Felix, have six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sheryl + Nuxoll + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 4 July 2012
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 14, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Tea party helps unseat incumbents
- "GOP gain in Idaho House could trigger policy changes," Idaho Reporter, November 3rd, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Nuxoll, Sheryl L," accessed August 30, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Dan Johnson (R)
|Idaho State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|
|Idaho State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|
Steven Thayn (R)