|Idaho State Senate District 20|
|January 2007 - Present|
|December 1, 2012|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Appointed||January 4, 2007|
|Idaho House of Representatives|
|1997 - 2007|
|High school||Nampa High School|
|Birthday||April 12, 1935|
|Place of birth||Nampa, Idaho|
McKague graduated with her high school diploma from Nampa High School in 1951.
Before becoming a Senator, McKague was a member of the Idaho House of Representatives from 1997 to 2007. McKauge was also an Executive Secretary for the Idaho House from 1986 to 1996. McKauge was also a business partner from 1968 to 1996 and was a legal secretary from 1963 to 1978.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McKague has been appointed to this committee:
- Commerce and Human Resources Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McKague served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
|Idaho State Senate, District 20 (2010)|
|Shirley McKague (R)||11,731||100.0%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican McKague won re-election to the Idaho State Senate, District 20 receiving 68.7% of the vote (14,153 votes), ahead of Democrat Laurynda Williams who received 31.3% of the vote (6,435 votes).
McKague raised $45,818 for her campaign.
|Idaho State Senate, District 20 (2008)|
|Shirley McKague (R)||14,153||68.7%|
|Laurynda Williams (D)||6,435||31.3%|
In 2010, McKague received $22,773 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shirley McKague's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,300|
|Jr Simplot Co||$1,200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,773|
In 2008, McKague collected $45,818 in donations.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Agriculture and Natural Resources Industry||$1,100|
McKague represents Idaho Senate District 20. District 20 includes Ada County which represents the Greater Boise area.
Shirley is married to Paul McKeauge. They have six children and live in Meridian, Idaho.
- Sen. McKague's website
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Shirley McKague on Facebook
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Political news.me "Ron Paul Endorsed By Idaho State Sen. Shirley McKague," February 16, 2012
- The Republic, "Idaho redistricting panel adopts legislative map, plans to meet Monday on congressional plan," October 14, 2011
- Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 candidate contributions
- McKague Campaign Donors
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|