|New Jersey State Senate District 15|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||16|
|President Pro Tempore, New Jersey State Senate|
|Associate Minority Leader, New Jersey State Assembly|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey State Assembly|
|Bachelor's||Trenton State College|
|Place of birth||Dover, NJ|
Turner graduated with a B.A. in Education from Trenton State College and also graduated with an M.A. in Guidance and Counseling from Rider College. Turner later studied postgraduate studies and education at Rutgers University. She is the Associate Director of Career Services at Rider University.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Turner served on these committees:
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Turner ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 15. Turner was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary and is challenged by Don Cox (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Turner won re-election to the District 15 State Senate seat in the 2011 election. She ran unopposed in the June 7 Democratic primary. Turner defeated Donald Cox (R) in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 15 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Shirley Turner Incumbent||66.4%||21,512|
In 2007, Turner was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 15. Turner (D) finished with 20,100 votes and was followed by Bob Martin (R) with 11,924 votes. Turner raised $689,206 for her campaign fund. 
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 15 (2007)|
|Shirley Turner (D)||20,100|
|Bob Martin (R)||11,924|
In 2011, Turner received $707,540 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shirley Turner's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Education Association||$10,700|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$5,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$3,500|
|Sorce Realty Group||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2011||$707,540|
|Total Votes received in 2011||21,512|
|Cost of each vote received||$32.89|
In 2007, Turner collected $689,206 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,700|
|New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians||$8,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$7,200|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$5,850|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$5,600|
Turner was endorsed by:
Turner represents New Jersey Senate District 15, which includes the borough of Princeton, New Jersey.
Turner and her husband, Donald, have two children and five grandchildren. They currently reside in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term ""Shirley + Turner" + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Shirley Turner's personal website
- Official website of Shirley Turner
- Shirley Turner legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Shirley Turner biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Democratic Party biography of Shirley Turner
- Shirley Turner on Facebook
- Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- Shirley Turner at Project Vote Smart
- Official website of Shirley Turner
- Hunterdon County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Mercer County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- New Jersey State Senate election results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
- New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
|New Jersey State Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|