|Illinois House of Representatives District 53|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||14|
|Per diem||$132/per session day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|President, Village of Buffalo Grove|
|J.D.||DePaul University College of Law|
Mathias Attorney. Prior to his election to the House he served as President of the Village of Buffalo Grove from 1991-1999, and as Trustee from 1998-1999.
Mathias is a member of the Southeast Regional Planning Council - College of Lake County, Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce, Buffalo Grove Chamber of Commerce Member, and the Wheeling/Prospect Heights Chamber of Commerce.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mathias has been appointed to the following committees:
- Cities & Villages, Ranking Minority Member
- Mass Transit, Ranking Minority Member
- Legislative Audit Commission
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mathias served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-General Service
- Cities & Villages (Ranking Minority Member)
- Judiciary I - Civil Law
- Mass Transit (Ranking Minority Member)
- Railroad Industry
- Tollway Oversight (Ranking Minority Member)
Mathias is running for re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. Due to redistricting he is running in District 59. Mathias was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, and faces incumbent Carol Sente in the November 6 general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 53 (2010)|
|Sidney Mathias (R)||21,759||64.60%|
|Linda Birnbaum (D)||11,926||35.40%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Sidney Mathias won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 53 receiving 24,132 votes, ahead of Democrat Carol Javens (20,587 votes), and Rob Sherman (Green) who received 1,264 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 53 (2008)|
|Sidney Mathias (R)||24,132|
|Carol Javens (D)||20,587|
|Rob Sherman (G)||1,264|
On November 7, 2006, Republican Sidney Mathias won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 53 receiving 18,751 votes ahead of Democrat Michael MacDonald who received 12,412 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 53 (2006)|
|Sidney Mathias (R)||18,751|
|Michael MacDonald (D)||12,412|
In 2010, Mathias collected $77,429 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sidney Mathias's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Republican Party||$8,078|
|Illinois State Bar Association||$2,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$77,429|
In 2008, Mathias collected $314,627 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$39,688|
|Illinois Republican Party||$36,673|
|House Republican Organization of Illinois||$29,708|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$17,059|
Mathias has a wife, Rita, and two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sidney + Mathias + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Sidney+Mathias+Illinois+Legislature&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Sidney Mathias News Feed
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account (inactive)
- Campaign LinkedIn page
- Facebook group in support
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Sidney H. Mathias (R) 53rd District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Sidney Mathias Campaign site
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mathias
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Illinois Endorsements," March 15, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results"
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Mathias Campaign Donors
- Project Vote Smart, "Sidney Mathias," accessed October 21, 2012
|Illinois House of Representatives District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |