Difference between revisions of "Silvana Tabares"
|Line 114:||Line 114:|
|votes2 = 3490
|votes2 = 3490
Revision as of 15:03, 18 July 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 21|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Lourdes High School|
|Associate's||Richard J. Daley College|
|Bachelor's||Columbia College Chicago|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Tabares earned her Bachelor's in Broadcast Journalism from Columbia College. Her professional experience includes working as the managing editor for EXTRA Bilingual Newspaper.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tabares served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Higher Education|
|• Higher Education|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
Tabares' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Put Our People To Work
- Excerpt: "Silvana will take real steps to create and keep jobs in our neighborhoods…right now."
- Protect Our Neighborhoods
- Excerpt: "Silvana will work to protect our neighborhoods and keep gangs off the streets, drugs off the corners, and graffiti off our homes."
- Educate Our Children
- Excerpt: "Silvana believes every child deserves the right to a quality public school education in his or her neighborhood."
Tabares won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 21. Tabares defeated Rudy Lozano in the March 20 Democratic primary, and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 21, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 21 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Tabares is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Tabares raised a total of $271,610 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
|Silvana Tabares's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 21||$271,610|
|Grand Total Raised||$271,610|
2012Tabares won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Tabares raised a total of $271,610.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Silvana Tabares's campaign in 2012|
|Stand for Children||$51,322|
|Friends of Martin Sandoval||$33,500|
|Illinois Chamber of Commerce||$22,641|
|Chicago Latino Public Affairs Cmte||$18,100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$271,610|
|Source: Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Silvana + Tabares + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Silvana Tabares on LinkedIn
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Campaign website, The Tabares Plan
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Tabares, Silvana," accessed July 18, 2013
Michael Zalewski (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 21
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |