South Carolina's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 10, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid Republican
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Heading into the election the incumbent is Mick Mulvaney (R), who was first elected in 2010.
The 5th District is located in northern South Carolina along the border of North Carolina. The district includes Kershaw, Lee, Sumter, Fairfield, Newberry, Union, Chester, Lancaster,York, Cherokee and Union counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mick Mulvaney Incumbent||55.5%||154,324|
|Source: South Carolina State Election Commission "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 5 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||John Spratt Incumbent||44.8%||102,296|
- United States House of Representatives elections in South Carolina, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR AUGUST 8, 2014," accessed August 21, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 21, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- South Carolina Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 30, 2012
- SC Votes, "Candidate Search," accessed April 1, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, South Carolina"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"