South Carolina's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 10, 2014
James E. Clyburn
James E. Clyburn
Cook Political Report: Solid Democratic
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Heading into the election the incumbent is James Clyburn (D), who was first elected in 1992.
South Carolina's 6th Congressional District is located in the central and southern portions of the state and includes Richland, Clarendon, Williamsburg, Berkeley, Dorchester, Orangeburg, Calhoun, Bamberg, Allendale, Hampton, Jasper, Colleton and Charleston counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates
June 10, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||James Clyburn Incumbent||93.6%||218,717|
|Green||Nammu Y Muhammad||5.5%||12,920|
|Source: South Carolina State Election Commission "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in South Carolina, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR AUGUST 8, 2014," accessed August 21, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 21, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- South Carolina Redistricting Map, "MaM"
- Associated Press, "South Carolina - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- The Times and Democrat, "Clyburn announces run for 12th term next year", accessed August 28, 2013
- SC Votes, "Candidate Search," accessed April 1, 2014
- Campaign website, "Leon Winn", accessed December 2, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, South Carolina"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"