South Carolina 1998 ballot measures
Revision as of 17:12, 5 December 2011 by January
1998 ballot in South Carolina.Five statewide ballot measures were on the
- All five measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Four were approved, while one was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Judiciary||Define which felonies and misdemeanors trigger provisions of the Victims' Bill of Rights.|
|Amendment 2||Elections||A candidate for state legislature must be a legal resident of the relevant district at the time of filing to run|
|Amendment 3A||Education||Private funds donated to state supported colleges and universities may be invested in stocks|
|Amendment 3B||State budgets||Counties given financing authority to issue special bonds to pay for redevelopment in designated areas|
|Amendment 4||Judicial reform||Remove the part of the Constitution that makes marriage between whites and blacks illegal|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of South Carolina ballot measures
- South Carolina Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state